Port-Aux-Francais, Kerguelen Islands Climate & Temperature
- Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands is at 49°21'S, 70°14'E, 30 m (98 ft). See map.
- Port-Aux-Francais, Kerguelen Islands has a polar tundra climate with no true summer (Köppen-Geiger classification: ET).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Port-Aux-Francais, Kerguelen Islands is situated in or near the boreal rain forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 4.5 degrees Celsius (40.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.5 °C (9.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 707.9 mm (27.9 inches) which is equivalent to 707.9 Litres/m² (17.36 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1604 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Manyberries, Alberta, Canada where you would find a Humid continental climate (Cool temperate steppe biome).
Port-Aux-Francais, Kerguelen Islands Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands Climate Graph in Metric Units
Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Port-Aux-Francais, Kerguelen Islands, French Southern Lands Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Brandon Cda, Mb, Canada - 3782.5 kms (2350.5 miles) NNW
- St. Brandon, Mauritius - 3782.4 kms (2350.4 miles) NNW
- Tamatave/ Toamasina, Madagascar - 3942.9 kms (2450.2 miles) NW
- Antananarivo, Madagascar - 3958 kms (2459.5 miles) NW
- Rodrigues, Mauritius - 3354.6 kms (2084.6 miles) NNW
- Pamplemousses, Mauritius - 3442.6 kms (2139.3 miles) NNW
- Morondava, Madagascar - 3964.7 kms (2463.7 miles) NW
- Plaisance, Mauritius - 3403 kms (2114.7 miles) NNW
- Nosy-Varika, Madagascar - 3733.3 kms (2319.9 miles) NW
- Saint Denis, Reunion, Reunion - 3421.5 kms (2126.2 miles) NNW
- Mananjary, Madagascar - 3677.7 kms (2285.4 miles) NW
- Fianarantsoa, Madagascar - 3712.7 kms (2307.1 miles) NW
- Tulear/ Toliara, Madagascar - 3698.6 kms (2298.4 miles) NW
- Tolanaro, Madagascar - 3372.2 kms (2095.5 miles) NW
- Ft. Dauphin/ Tolagna, Madagascar - 3372.2 kms (2095.5 miles) NW
- Durban, South Africa - 3930.1 kms (2442.2 miles) WNW
- East London, South Africa - 3918.2 kms (2434.8 miles) WNW
- Marion Island, South Africa - 2400.4 kms (1491.6 miles) W